Sport at Otumoetai Primary
Welcome to our 2014 sports page.
Otumoetai Primary School provides a comprehensive P.E programme to all children. Alongside the classroom P.E programme there are many opportunities for children to represent OPS in sports teams and sporting events.
Sports currently available at Otumoetai Primary School:
Terms 3 and 4
· Netball—Years 3—6
All finished for the 2014 Season - Well done to all the girls who played and hope you enjoyed yourselves. We will see you back in a team next year.
· Basketball—Years 1—6
· Hockey—Years 1—6
*Fundamental skills programme for Years 1 - 3 children - Beginning again on Thursdays afterschool in Term 4.
* Gymnastics—Years 3—6
Congratualations to all of our Gymnastics Competitors - you worked hard and should be proud of your achievements. A special congratulations to Chase Winder who got the Gold Medal for Springers Men, Ella Webb for Gold Medal in the Springers Women,Charlotte Webb Bronze Medal for the Twisters Club Women, Arabella Moore 5th in Twisters Women, and Andre Gibbs and Anna Williams who were 10th in their respective divisions. This was from the Best of the Best Competition so what amazing results!!
* Aerobics —Years 3—6
Amazing results for our Aerobics team at the Best of the Best GOLD!!
Well done to Arabella Moore, Leah Rattray, Mackenzie Triggs, Andre Treadaway, Chase Winder, Hailey Cottam,
Tiaani Thompson, Sara Stock, Sydney Doake, Taryn Protzman, Charlotte Webb and Zoe Frost. A lot of hard work that paid off!!
* Football and Rugby are available through sports clubs
Terms 1 and 4
· Kiwi tag—Years 3 –6
· Flipperball—Years 3—6
· Soft ball—Years 5-6
· T Ball—Years 1—4
Volleyball - Years 3 - 6
*Fundamental skills programme for Years 1 - 3 children - Thursday from 3.15 - 4.00 p.m.
* Gymnastics, Rhythm Dance Group and Gym Club also provide before and afternoon school sporting sessions.
All children must wear an OPS sports uniform. They can be purchased from Fleur (email email@example.com) or hired for $5.00 per season.
New in the sports tabs
* Tauranga Synchronised Swimming at Baywave. Saturdays 9-10am. Click here for your free trial voucher.
* Visit and Train with the White Ferns Cricket Team at the Bay Oval on Friday August 22nd, 4 - 5.30pm for Girls years 4 - 8. Limited spaces so contact Jenny Gough at BOP Cricket on 5759120 or firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your spot.
* North Island Primary School Ski Champs - Mon 25th - Fri 29th August. Contact Fleur if you are interested in more information.
* Whakatane Junior Badminton Tournament - Sunday August 24th. Contact Fleur before 20 Aug if you are interested in more information.
* SWOT Analysis Results - Parent Information Tab
* Hockey Sessions with Small Sticks Development Officer for Years 1 & 2 - Tuesday 12th August, Tuesday 19th August, Thursday 21st August, Tuesday 26th August.
* East Cluster 7's (Netball, Basketball, Soccer, Rugby, Hockey & Tabloid Sports - Years 5 & 6 only) - Tuesday 26th August, pp 28th
* WBoP 7's for the teams who place 1st in the East Cluster - Wednesday 17th September, pp 19th
* East Cluster Athletics - Tuesday 18th November @ Tauranga Domain, pp21st
* WBoP Athletics @ Tauranga Domain - Wednesday 3rd December
Please email email@example.com if you are unsure which team your child is in or have any other questions.
Kalan won the Nancy Hare Trophy for Top U8 swimmer. He also broke the U8 Tga Swimming Club 25m breaststroke record! We were very proud of him and his swimming season this year! Kalan loves his swimming!