Sport at Otumoetai Primary
Welcome to our 2014 sports page.
Otumoetai Primary School provides a comprehensive P.E programme to all children. Alongside the classroom P.E programme there are many opportunities for children to represent OPS in sports teams and sporting events.
Sports currently available at Otumoetai Primary School:
Terms 1 and 4
Kiwi Tag - Mon 20th Oct till Mon 8th Dec
OPS Rippers – an awesome start with a win. Player of the Day to Sarah-Rose Muspratt.
OPS Tigers - great close game to start the competition. Well done Spencer Treadaway who was the Player of the Day!
Cricket - Beginning Saturday 18th October
Rotational Volleyball - Wednesday 22 Oct - Wed 10th Dec
Kiwi Volleyball - Friday 24th Oct - Friday 10th Dec
What a wonderful start to the volleyball season last Friday night at the QEII. Player of the Day for the OPS Diamonds went to Asmita Pathak who played well and had such a lovely positive spirit helping and encouraging her team-mates.
Player of the Day for the OPS Stars went to Kapree Moore for a fantastic first game, great skills and good spikes too! Well done to everyone – keep up the good work!
OPS Wetas had a great start even though they had a loss as the team gelled. Player of day was Caitlen Beets, an awesome first game with some really reliable serving and good catching.
Flippaball - Tuesday 28th Oct - Tuesday 9th Dec
Terms 2 and 3
· Netball—Years 3—6
· Basketball—Years 1—6
· Hockey—Years 1—6
*Fundamental skills programme for Years 1 - 3 children - Thursday afternoons. This term looking at T-Ball.
* Aerobics —Years 3—6
Our Aerobics team won the Group Performance Division on Has Your School Got Talent on Mish Mash Television!!!!
Well done to Arabella Moore, Leah Rattray, Mackenzie Triggs, Andre Treadaway, Chase Winder, Hailey Cottam,
Tiaani Thompson, Sara Stock, Sydney Doake, Taryn Protzman, Charlotte Webb and Zoe Frost. A lot of hard work that paid off and being rewarded with a free trip to Kelly Tarltons in Auckland!
* Gymnastics, Rhythm Dance Group and Gym Club also provide before and afternoon school sporting sessions.
All children must wear an OPS sports uniform. They can be purchased from Fleur (email firstname.lastname@example.org) or hired for $5.00 per season.
New in the sports tabs
* Netball Coaching in term 4 - See Netball tab
* Tauranga Synchronised Swimming at Baywave. Saturdays 9-10am. Click here for your free trial voucher. Call Ange on 5525416 for more information.
* SWOT Analysis Results - Parent Information Tab
* WBoP Orienteering - 16 Students selected competing at Mauao on Thursday 25th October.
* Kids Griner at the Bay of Plenty Polytechnic. Click here for information and registration.
* Monday 10th November - Weka Have a Go RKV Volleyball
* Tuesday 11th November - Kea Have a Go RKV Volleyball
* Wednesday 12th November - Weka Athletics Day (pp 13th)
* East Cluster Athletics - Tuesday 18th November @ Tauranga Domain, pp21st
* Wednesday 26th November - Junior School Run, Jump and Throw
* Thursday 27th November - Kea Athletics
* WBoP Athletics @ Tauranga Domain - Wednesday 3rd December
Please email email@example.com if you are unsure which team your child is in or have any other questions.
Kalan won the Nancy Hare Trophy for Top U8 swimmer. He also broke the U8 Tga Swimming Club 25m breaststroke record! We were very proud of him and his swimming season this year! Kalan loves his swimming!